The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Camperjam LT display.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Camperjam LT display.
    Posted: 19 Nov 09 at 10:57
I've put myself forward to co-ordinate with David from VW camper and commercial magazine who organise Camperjam.

Here's what he had to say;

"hopefully some of you will have seen Dan's pic and letter in latest Camper amd Comercial magazine..
Let's do it!!!! If you can organise to have a few on display the Sat aftrenoon at Camperjam I will book in space, put it in prog, website etc basically if I can have one name to liaise directly with (and if that person could just collect names and details and help organise owners to park up vans) we can take it from there. LT DISPLAY...should we add coachbuilts so as others can display too..sounds something different and I am deffo up for making it happen...
vans need to be on display from 12 ish to 3.30 ish on Sat so you can still camp and use it OK and leave your pitch in safety..we can even organise a LT CLUB CAMPING area (near brick-yard?) if you want even if just three or four...
Show n Shine  (Sunday) is in Generation classes and anyone welcome to sign up for that too,I guess its T3 class? (NOT only about shiniest buses with most money spent)
so..over to you guys! Martin has posted me this link...so if someone wants to step up and say they will co-ordinate with me we can make a start!
anyone wanting more info re the show look at
David   "

So please only post details here if you want to show your LT and try not to let this tread digress into other chit chat.
We'll need a few good examples, any LT you like, camper to cherry picker.....

Edited by AndyT - 18 Jan 10 at 10:36
1991 LT35E 2.4TD (volvo transplant)
http://ltcamper.blogspot.com/
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 09 at 15:23

Here ya go Martin, I'm up for showin' mine Big smileBig smileLOL (sorry couldn't resist) details as in siggy.

NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
David Eccles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Eccles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 09 at 19:18
well two already...good one!

Edited by David Eccles - 19 Nov 09 at 19:19
David
www.volkswagencamper.co.uk
t'onion View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote t'onion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 09 at 21:08
If I'm free that weekend then I'll come 
LT28 Westfalia FloRida, 2.4 diesel

miserable fooker

withcotejohn View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote withcotejohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 09 at 21:24

Hi all,    thats a big YES from me.......so thats 4, come on lets show off......all the best.......John & Lin

1988 Lt40 tdi Coachman
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 09 at 21:26
Just camp with the brick-yard, you can be separated out within the 'yard if you want.
drunkenmaster View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 09 at 22:46
No need to be separated out like lepers. We're not an LT club and personally I'm too lazy to organise one. I'm happy to jump on the hard work of others in the brick-yard an camp with them.
Cheer Baxter Clap
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 09 at 22:47
A few typos to go with the few I've had!!
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 09 at 22:49
Come on LT's

We need a few more than 4 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????
I'm looking for around 6-8 to allow for cancellations.
Ask any other LT owners you've met at events etc and get them along.

Diablodub View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
mehcedes...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diablodub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 09 at 08:35
We have a brick-yard camping bit at most shows , if you want to keep all the LT's together we can arrange that no problem ( might even be able to get you an LT banner ).

Stu
brick-yard splitters breakaway judean peoples front cheesy toss wank - Member No 1
07974 787780 - Stu

Sunny Stockport-Cheshire

BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 09 at 08:45
If all goes to plan we will be there as well.

Cheers

AllanThumbs Up
1995 LT 35 Self Built Camper 2.4 TDI
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 09 at 09:15
Stick a picture of your vans up if you have one.

Thanks for the offer Baxter and Stu, what do people think about having an LT zone within the yard?
An LT banner could be good/ funny, and very shortLOL
I think those other brick-yard boys want to keep us apart because they're scared of catching our rust.

BigAl68 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigAl68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 09 at 10:20
Just a quick idea for a banner

The aLTernative VW Camper

Cheers

Allan Thumbs Up

1995 LT 35 Self Built Camper 2.4 TDI
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 09 at 10:49

Hi Martin,
                not really worried either way about an LT zone, might look better if the LT's are grouped together if we go with Stu's banner idea tho', if you're worried about it being too short Big smileBig smile how about "das LT massiv"  or alternatively something I've been thinking about getting made up on a sun strip to go across the top of my LT windscreen "Whale Oil Beef Hooked" think about it LOL either way I'll definately be camping in the Brick-Yard area.
                                                                                 cheers, Jack.
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
rossfromfriends View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossfromfriends Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 09 at 11:46

Are we talking about Camperjam 2010?  If so that is waaay to far down the line for me to think about right now.  How can you guys be thinking of next summer already?? 
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 09 at 12:29
We're thinking of next summer because Camperjam need to know if it's on. If so they are going to alter their website and PR to suit.

I'm liking "the aLTternative camper" idea, not a bad shout!
canny bagga Tudor View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote canny bagga Tudor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 09 at 12:52
Originally posted by rossfromfriends rossfromfriends wrote:

Are we talking about Camperjam 2010?  If so that is waaay to far down the line for me to think about right now.  How can you guys be thinking of next summer already?? 

Here's a link to the original thread which provides the background to the "lt mobilisation" efforts, and the discounted early bird tickets:
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/lts-on-show-at-camperjam_topic43810.html

Thinking about next summer is more fun than thinking about this winter! Cry

Tony

1993, LT31, 2.4 petrol (with a 1E engine), lwb, camper conversion project.
David Eccles View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Eccles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 09 at 13:51
just remember when buying tickets to specify brick-yard camping area (seems best way to go reading the above) you can all organise yourselves as you want within it...this year its unlikely anyone arriving on gate to pay will be able to go into club camping as space will be marked out for the number prebooked in...
we will group all LTs together on display but wondering now if also to tell the coachbuilts like Gyspy et al they are welcome to join in and make it bigger (in both senses!) Thanks for your support...nice to have something a bit different for people to appreciate...
David
www.volkswagencamper.co.uk
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 09 at 19:22
Coachbuilts more than welcome, withcotejohn is bringing his yank tank along! Probably one of the biggest LT's around.....
As I said at the start of the thread, any LT welcome. Can someone please bring a cherry picker for us to play on!
Should be good
I'm looking forward to seeing some confused expressions at the show when people see the VW badge on the front and try to figure out what on earth they are.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drunkenmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 09 at 19:26
Bring your emergency vehicle LT!!!!
Looking at Camperjam's website they're looking for emergency vehicles. I know there's a few LT ambulances around.
Also, if any one knows someone with an LT 4x4, beg them to put it on show.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>