The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Breakdown Cover

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammy75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breakdown Cover
    Posted: 26 Feb 18 at 13:05
Hi, 

Looking to get breakdown cover for a 1994 LT35e, is it best to get cover for the vehicle or would it be covered by my personal breakdown cover I already have (covers up to 7m and 3.5T)?  Wondering which way you guys do it?

Thanks,

Jammy
Monster LT View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Monster LT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 18 at 13:48
Check with your current provider, if not covered check for breakdown options with your insurance provider, although your current breakdown cover should cover you I'd expect.
LT45-TD-ACL-intercooler-4x4-1993
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 18 at 15:16
As far as I know of the major provides only AA & RAC cover vehicles over 17 years old.
There are various deals though via insurance, Camping & Caravan Club etc.
LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Jammy75 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammy75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 18 at 15:28
Thanks AndyT, I'll check out the AA & RAC.
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 18 at 16:59
I have breakdown cover through my insurers, 2Gether.
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 18 at 08:00
Depends how big your  LT is, I struggled with my coach built LT40 due to it's size the AA and RAC would not touch it.........I'm currently with Britannia Rescue, for me and the wife for full coverage of any vehicle and European breakdown is about £180 and I think it includes a 'get home' policy that they will get you home if they cant get your vehicle straight home.

RW
1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
robbydoo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote robbydoo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 18 at 08:02
Also be careful of some of these policies you get free with your bank, they only cover you for around 10 miles from your home, I found this out the hard/costly way.............

RW
1985 LT40 2.4TD Coach built Pioneer Diamond
1983 1.9DG Autosleeper
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 18 at 09:01
I have some kind of coverage on my 87 Karmann LT L through my Insurance, i haven't checked out exactly what. My wife, Hanne, is a member of NAF, the Norwegian version of AA/RAC. The membership includes rescuing of both persons and veichle from any where in Europe, in any car she is in. When we started her membership, 2,5 years ago, the first summer vacation took us through Netherlands, Belgium, Northern France from Cherbourg to Chamonix, Switserland and Germany, from Basel to the Danish border and a total of 6500km and last year, only 4500km throu the Rhine and Mosel valey, Luxembourg, 13 days in Belgium and Holland and since we are planing to go to Sicily this summer, witch is only 3650km, shortest way and we will end up With a totale of 9000-10.000km we feel the £160 is well spent.   
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
Jammy75 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jammy75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 18 at 10:44
Thanks for all the advice, rung my personal cover and they said it was covered in the UK. 
 Post Reply Post Reply