The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Borbets on T3 question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youthy giblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Borbets on T3 question
    Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 20:59
Right just got some 16'' Borbet A's for the workvan. They are 7.5j et30 on the front 9j et15 rear. Both bolt on fine without any spacers etc and don't stick out the arches to far fronts are in arch a touch and rears are about level at the top of the tyre. My question is does anybody have these on their van and if so what size rear tyres they running? Also any sliding door hinge and runner mods? My side door isn't painted yet but tried one of the rears on a friends twin slider velle and door wouldn't open with 225 50 16 avons
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 12 at 23:50
pm andy kooldubs - both his vans have em fitted,
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

TransPorscher View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TransPorscher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 12 at 00:20
It'll be the offsets ET of the rears !!! I've just put 245 on 18" wheels on the rear and no probs with door !!!  Not on Borbet's mind !!!!  Wink
Charlie

Small Moves Big Grooves! WeFunkRadio.com

MADMATT View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

twin turbo taff

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MADMATT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 12 at 09:13
depends on the gearing look your after
225/55/16
245/45/16
255/50/16
255/55/16
can all be used the last one's are large and with my rear disc kit fitted the hinge needs to be extended 3" or 75mm depending which way you swing.
kooldubs View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
I'M STILL HERE!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kooldubs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 12 at 13:30
im running 245/45/16 on the rears and 205/45/16`s on the front..

the sliding door will with a slight push go alongside the rear wheel with out fitting an extended sliding arm
butif you change the tyre size then you will hve problems...
86 t3 doka & 2001 T4 2.5 TDI
youthy giblets View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youthy giblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 12 at 12:59
Looks like il be modding the hinge and runner then planning on running 235 60 16s
richbvw View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richbvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 12 at 17:40
Sounds like you might get away with it. If it just skims past a 245mm tyre width on the same et then your 5mm reduction might do the job.
Check out my band - www.myownagenda.co.uk
new tracks and vids online now
youthy giblets View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote youthy giblets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 12 at 22:02
Originally posted by kooldubs kooldubs wrote:

im running 245/45/16 on the rears and 205/45/16`s on the front..

the sliding door will with a slight push go alongside the rear wheel with out fitting an extended sliding arm
butif you change the tyre size then you will hve problems...

I'm on et15 rears what are you on?
 Post Reply Post Reply