The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > The Brickyard > The Bus Park
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

big brown bus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: big brown bus
    Posted: 15 Feb 08 at 17:15

ive been meening to put up some photo's of the bits and bobs ive been tinkering with after spending extensive time reading threads and stealing peoples ideas.

firstly i put in some fake decking and led decking lights linked to the sliding door plunger that had nothing connected to it

burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 08 at 17:31

then i wanted to put an extra courtsey light in the pax side as vw were too stingy to furnish more than just the driver.

on the advice of TRUNDLETRUC made a small insicion in the headlining and found this blank which i have replaced with a matching light from JK for £6 (marked up type2)
http://shop.justkampers.com/product_info.php/products_id/966 5?osCsid=ff782c3d28860f3b8ebe95ec2a465a09

burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 08 at 17:34

then some bright spark said they had some fancy delay timer for the light when you close the door, and i wanted that!

so after much searching i found what i thought would do on ebay, after some emails to the seller he made me up a special widget for £15 delivered that will switch the light off if i leave the sliding door open for 10 mins, and keep the light on after ive closed the door for 10 seconds. (pertentiometers to set as i whish)

burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 08 at 17:37
today i have made a chopping board out of some old 40x20 that fits exactly into the sink (after some template cutting) to utillise it as another surface while cooking
burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 08 at 17:40
also replaced the whistley window felts with some new JK ones (quite expensive i thought) but the noise was doing my head in above 40
burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 08 at 17:44

a pic of the van (and the vife) just off the beach behind butlins skeggy

burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 08 at 17:47

next up i need some dry weather so i can grind this SH~t off and spray over it.

also need to replace (and may aswell lower while im there) the suspension as it has a slight lean to the drivers/sink/fridge etc side and looks a little bit like its wheeleing

jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 08 at 08:53
nice work fella
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

T3surf View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T3surf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Feb 08 at 15:53
Lookin Good!
If It's Got Tits Or Wheel Nuts It'll Give You Trouble!!!
burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Feb 08 at 19:11
cheers boys, just want some free time and dry weather for them seams
cr_19 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cr_19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 08 at 03:20
I like what your doing, please keep the pics coming :) (...honest I wont steal your ideas :P)
mr bricolage View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr bricolage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 08 at 09:12

Edited by mr bricolage
Euramobil Terestra
burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 08 at 20:54

right then ive had a knackering weekend of working on the van.

firstly i fitted new springs and shocks that i brought of ebay from a german supplier, 40mm lower and tuv certified. delivered  for £220!

it had the origonals on and after 180,000clicks looked like it was wheelieing and leaning to the left.

i fitted them with the aid of mr baxters intructions, many thanks and trimmed a couple of ribs off the bump stops.

never would have got them off if i hadn't used the advice and brought a 8mm allen socket.

feels loads better, less rattles and looks marginally cooler while maintaining ground clearance and comfort.

burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 08 at 21:05

before

burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 08 at 21:07

need a propper T3 jack, had to use my trolley jack on bricks

and after

burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 08 at 21:09

next up i fitted all this

central locking £20, electric windows £42 and sound proofing £12, all except soundproofing off ebay

burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 08 at 21:18

central locking in front easy, although chain drilled hole to access the rod conector block

the connector i got for the sliding door would only fit externaly, forgot to take photo of that so will take one in the morning. i cut a hole in the bottom of the lock and passed up a small rod to go around the existing catch inside the lock, placed the actuator in the bottom of the door underneath the lock. very fiddley

burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 08 at 21:25

then the windows after searching for a switched live as the buttons illuminate.

need to get the driven end as parallel as possible otherwise protective plastic sheath starts erupting out. i loosened the existing mountings and cut into the frame slightly to get workings as straight as poss.

then trimmed door cards and fitted with switches, gave me chance to cillit bang the cards and contact adhesive fraying bits

burnsey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote burnsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 08 at 21:27
edoh View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edoh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 08 at 10:46

excellent stuff -

have you any ideas on my query? -

i'm trying to install a 'pretend' alarm - a flashing red led light - any idea where the red and red n black wire should go for a dash mounting?

i'm trying to work out how to find a live connection to attach it to - where? how ?(i have a multi meter.....) how do you work out how to attach to a live connection - which would need to come on when ignition/engine switched off - and go off when ignition/engine switched on??? using what kind of connection - a piggyback?

if both the red wires nneed to be joined up - before they go to the bullet end of the piggyback? - whats wrong with using one of these?

any comment - or instruction - would be brill -

owner of a g reg 1990 petrol watercooled 1915 cc campervan with a dg engine and a rusty red outside! -
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>