The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Battery Not Charging at engine switch on

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 13 at 23:07
Originally posted by gregozedobe gregozedobe wrote:

.... it could be a bad connection on/inside the alternator, not just the outside plug parts.  

Hey, I want some of those kudos too ....... Wink

Probably worth checking on the battery voltage for a short time to make sure the new, replacement alternator is working correctly over time.

Edited by gregozedobe - 04 Apr 13 at 23:08
Dabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 18 at 01:35
Hi mate. Sorry to bother you. Thought you might be able to shed some light on an issue I’ve been having. I have a noisy notchy power steering noise that goes when I turn the wheel. Also my battery is only charging intermittently. You don’t have any idea what might be causing these issues do you?

Cheers anyway!
gregozedobe View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregozedobe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 18 at 08:11
Originally posted by Dabs Dabs wrote:

Hi mate. Sorry to bother you. Thought you might be able to shed some light on an issue I’ve been having. I have a noisy notchy power steering noise that goes when I turn the wheel. Also my battery is only charging intermittently. You don’t have any idea what might be causing these issues do you?

Hmmm.  On-line diagnosis at a distance on limited info is always tricky, but here are some (possibly relevant) thoughts:

I presume you mean the steering problem only happens when you turn the steering wheel.

You could have two different and un-related faults.

Before I start, which model and build year is your Transporter, and what engine does it have ?

How long has the steering issue been happening ?  Does it happen when turning Left and Right ?

What checks have you done re intermittent charging ?  What symptoms do you get ? 

Edited by gregozedobe - 22 Apr 18 at 08:13
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12