The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Audi disc brake conversion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dyno Soar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 11 at 08:53
Originally posted by monsho monsho wrote:

There's loads of different set ups and kits - I've just put the Ultimate Engineering Porsche set up on mine and its ace, but a few quid.  It doesn't effect track width at all, all bolts together really nice.  Need 17 inch wheels though...

Can't comment on the other set ups which are a bit cheaper, but think they keep the standard track width

Do you have anymore feedback on the Ultimate Engineering kit?  Looking at all of the options it seems this is the most straight forward way to get bigger brakes on my T3.

Did you fit the rear kit aswell?

What model of Porsche did you source the calipers from?  Boxter or 911?

camperlivi View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote camperlivi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 21:35
Having i nightmare trying to get a set of carriers for my audi 200 girling 60 calipers, got sitched up on another forum on a purchase of carriers,
Have now decided to so down the A4/A6 route. easier in the long run spares etc
Had a look around and the A4 and A6 2001-2005 2.L petrol.2.4/2.5 diesel both come with either 288 or 312 disc setups. calipers are the same but carriers differ .
Piston size 57mm.
I think 312mm disc might be too  much.
what do you reckon?
tram-man View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tram-man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Sep 11 at 21:46
Originally posted by camperlivi camperlivi wrote:

Having i nightmare trying to get a set of carriers for my audi 200 girling 60 calipers, got sitched up on another forum on a purchase of carriers,
Have now decided to so down the A4/A6 route. easier in the long run spares etc
Had a look around and the A4 and A6 2001-2005 2.L petrol.2.4/2.5 diesel both come with either 288 or 312 disc setups. calipers are the same but carriers differ .
Piston size 57mm.
I think 312mm disc might be too  much.
what do you reckon?

I can't imagine how it could be too much unless the wheel will not fit (i.e. 15"). Stuart

'97 A4 AFN | '60 T1 ratlook | '57 Oval | Dec '82 T3 Westfalia 1Y+DK+215/60x16
scrogins View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scrogins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 17 at 18:42
Hi Timmy, can you remember what carriers you used on 312mm X 25mm front disks with emytec kit? they look like 288mm ones, tried emytec but not possible to contact them, cheers
Keith
scrogins
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234