The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Engine Upgrades
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Audi 2.8 V6 - Fuelling

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surfrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Audi 2.8 V6 - Fuelling
    Posted: 23 Aug 16 at 16:21
I have a fuelling issue (I think).

Engine is a 2.8 AAH V6, fuel regulator is set at 4 bar. However I have been running the original Bosch 2.1 DJ fuel pump which ran at 3 ish bar when new. So lack of pressure may be cause of one of my issues but I am confused by black smoke also being present, which I associate with over fuelling.

• Occasional loss/reduction of power down to 30% for less than a mile then it picks up again.
  • When cornering hard, say coming out of a roundabout thing, that left turn can cause the above spluttering.
  • Difficulty starting when on a steep camber. Van may take 10-20 seconds to fire.

I am thinking of replacing the fuel pump. Bare in mind the 4 bar regulator should I be looking for a 4+ 5+ 6+ bar pressure inline pump to replace the one I have. What is the consensus on pump pressure.   

I BOOKED MY TICKET TO HELL ALONG TIME AGO.
rowlesy View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
murdered the murderwagen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rowlesy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 16 at 22:05
sounds like the pumps running dry on occasions? fuel starvation. you got 2.1 tank also? how much fuel is in the tank when this happened? had a look inside tank lately? might just be bits floating around and blocking outlets?
UberFukz broke another!       sucky sucky five dollah!

always out numbered never out gunned!    RWS welding 07846 380 467 (worcs)
Surfrider View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Surfrider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 16 at 07:59
It had a standard 2.1 DJ set up. I have not had the tank off, so a job to do in the rainy season.
Would the issue of fuel starvation generate black smoke tho?
This can happen in a full tank.

Edited by Surfrider - 24 Aug 16 at 07:59
I BOOKED MY TICKET TO HELL ALONG TIME AGO.
syncroandy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote syncroandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 16 at 08:55
I happen to have a brand new old stock Bosch fuel pump for sale, it's very similar to the original pattern, just a bit larger and better throughput/pressure.

The part number is 0 580 254 957. I have a note that the specs are 5bar, 148l/hr, but best check on that yourself.

I need to ask £70 posted for this. PM if interested.

Edited by syncroandy - 24 Aug 16 at 09:05
'90 252 EJ25
'90 246 AFN

Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.
 Post Reply Post Reply