The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anyone running 19's?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote czm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone running 19's?
    Posted: 11 Jan 16 at 13:09
Hi there
Anyone running 19" on their van?

I am looking at ET35 19" 
8J Front and 9J on the rears

Do they fit?
Thanks

jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 16 at 08:11
Doubtful!
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 16 at 08:17
http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/wheel-fitment-table_topic13832_post99713.html#99713

To be honest even if they went on and didn't foul it'd look cool but ride like dogshit as you'd have next to no sidewall!

I found the best balance of handling and ride comfort to be 16s
But I used my van loads it wasn't a trailer queen / show queen / scene points scorer, it was there to be used and enjoyed without arriving at a destination aching with no fillings left in my mouth!
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

BobbyH View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jan 16 at 21:47
I terms of ride, I had 18's when I bought the van, very harsh, swapped to 16's and much nicer.
1989 1.9DG Devon/homebrew Waterboxer
Blaize View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blaize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 16 at 23:34
I have 18's on mine. An 86 Westy with -70 springs. Its stiffer than stock of course, but I actually rather like the way it drives.

(not looking to start a fight here BTW, just pointing out that what is way too stiff for some, is just right for others)

19's however would be a real challenge. The rear end is fine, but getting them to work up front is going to be tough. Even with 18's I have to be careful how fat the tire sidewall is from one brand to another to get them to work without rubbing.
chris7ian View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chris7ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 16 at 13:44
Originally posted by Blaize Blaize wrote:

I have 18's on mine. An 86 Westy with -70 springs. Its stiffer than stock of course, but I actually rather like the way it drives.

(not looking to start a fight here BTW, just pointing out that what is way too stiff for some, is just right for others)

19's however would be a real challenge. The rear end is fine, but getting them to work up front is going to be tough. Even with 18's I have to be careful how fat the tire sidewall is from one brand to another to get them to work without rubbing.

I had a similar issue with my old 18s kissing the arch lip on full lock across camber but they were 8.5J - the OP is looking at 8J on the same ET so will make a fair difference. I'd say they'd fit

Edited by chris7ian - 06 Oct 16 at 13:44
 Post Reply Post Reply