The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

anybody else started modding their T5

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzy T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 08 at 18:13
dehlilah View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dehlilah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 08 at 17:35
Smileit is v nice! my camper has a lino sort of vinyl floor but i covered it with a big dirt trapper rubber backed tmat  cut to fit , can take up & wash when dirty- but he big dog finds this hot so could do with a protective layer of vinyl ove rthe existing layer to put the mat over, so his claws dont damage the true floor.. not sure how to fit this any ideas? deh
fozzy T5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzy T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 08 at 21:02
Hi
not sure what surface you want to stick the vinyl over, can you post pictures?
dehlilah View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dehlilah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 08 at 23:44
Big%20smile I dont want to glue it down, just to cut a piece to lay over the existing vinyl floor to protect it from the dogs claws
fozzy T5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzy T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jul 08 at 07:06
i suppose you could do that, you may need a backing on it for extra strength
srj10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srj10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 08 at 23:57
started modding  van a while ago with a  bit of help reading these forums Smile
not finished yet but its starting to take shape

http://s338.photobucket.com/albums/n437/srj10/transporter%201/transporter%202/  swivel seats, bench seats moved to back of van and new rear seat belts

http://s338.photobucket.com/albums/n437/srj10/transporter%206/ using van before awnig rail and reimo roof fitted(Broadway House cheddar)

will take some more pictures when both beds are in Smile

Edited by srj10 - 16 Jul 08 at 00:15
fozzy T5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzy T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 08 at 07:48
You have done a superb job there, did you do all of it yourself?
Dub4life View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dub4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 08 at 08:08
Wow, that's a full on Pimp my Ride! Very nicely done.
Motexion, not cheap plywood!
Mike_T5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 08 at 08:10
Srj,

Certainly look like good work! Yours looks particularly familiar to me. I've seen it (or one exactly the same) driving into/out of Portishead/Bristol a few times?

Mike.
04 reg T30 174ps, raven blue. AmD 205bhp remap since new, lowered, ABT AR19 alloys, modded to excess :-)
'03 E46 M3 Avus Blue, Champagne leather, but not pampered like the van ;-)
srj10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote srj10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 08 at 20:58

Thanks fozzy, dub4life and mike

Cheated a bit Smile
M.A.D workshaps(bristol) supplied and fitted the swivel seats and roof ( nice job)

I stripped out old ply,  
installed carpet/insulation
made new ply panels
made folding lower bed and folding roof bed
made removable kitchen unit with water/waste and hob (still prototyp at mo testing it out this weekend )

PS Mike you probably have seen my van in/around  bristol live near by
Mike_T5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 08 at 22:39
Thought so. In fact, maybe Cotham Hill area. Anyhow, next Time I see you, I'll let you know :)
04 reg T30 174ps, raven blue. AmD 205bhp remap since new, lowered, ABT AR19 alloys, modded to excess :-)
'03 E46 M3 Avus Blue, Champagne leather, but not pampered like the van ;-)
borg View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Bruce Almighty

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 08 at 14:01
I've had a few more mods to my van on it's way to becoming a camper.

The latest being a Reimo Roof with bed, Reimo gutter rail, and a sliding side window. The latest mods were done by M.A.D. Workshop in Bristol.

Edited by borg - 01 Sep 08 at 16:45
fozzy T5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzy T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 08 at 16:51
Just a few items this time

Bought some mudflaps front and rear from the stealers £27 front and £27 rear, plus vw geniune wind deflectors, and a small fire Extinguisher from pound strethchers £3.99.

sorry about the shite pictures, me mrs got me camera,these were taken on my n95

oddboy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oddboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 08 at 18:50
how much are the oem wind deflectors ?
gone to the darkside
fozzy T5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzy T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 08 at 20:04
Originally posted by oddboy oddboy wrote:

how much are the oem wind deflectors ?

i think they were £29.99, not bad for geniune vw deflector, they come with instructions and two wips to clean the grime off so you get good contact.
dehlilah View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dehlilah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 08 at 22:30
so when you drive with the window open do they stop the roaring draughts that whiz into the back? the dog insists on having the air con full blast or the windows open if its at all warm or he feigns death by overheating -- open windows are cheaper--
fozzy T5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzy T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 08 at 23:41
i find them great if you want fresh air by just dropping the window down a few inches, cant say they would do much if the window was down fully.
dehlilah View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dehlilah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 08 at 00:16
Big%20smile sounds fine I dont open the window fully going along in case the dog jumps out...
fozzy T5 View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fozzy T5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 08 at 07:42
thats a big dawg!
Sturge174 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sturge174 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 08 at 17:44
You lot have far to much time on your hands  Te he
Black T5 174 Various wheels 17" 19" 20" Cruise, Air, Leather, Caravelle front, rear and lights with HID, GTI steering wheel; sportline gear stick, front and rear spoilers the list goes on.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 11121314>