The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT1 chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another years' ticket

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another years' ticket
    Posted: 21 Aug 14 at 17:25
The phone call came and fifteen minutes later, lighter by £45 since I have stripped the innards out, I have another year of motoring ahead. WooHoo.Big smileBig smile

Advisories naturally, just wondering what was picked up on this time.

Steering column top bearing.Confused New last year, no better than the one I replaced.

Inner sills and rear corners corrodedLOLLOL No worse than last year, that is for sure, unless some of the crud fell off and weakened the structural integrity.LOLLOLLOL

Nail in front NS tyre.Angry Not another, three in two years.Angry

Diesel test was an average of 1.63m-1 (Fail is 2.5) Whatever that means.Confused

Now a query. Offside front tyre wear is uneven. Scrubbed on the outside 40-50mm but pretty level for the rest. ?Any ideas?

Off to celebrate methinks.Beer

1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
mat_the_cat View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mat_the_cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 14 at 17:43
Excellent stuff! I realised yesterday morning that the MOT was due, and after a spot of phoning around could only find places that could fit it in next week. That was looking worrying, as we need it for towing duties on Monday but fortunately I found one place who could squeeze it in the afternoon. Even that would have been pushing it if it had failed, as if it had needed parts I'd have run out of time seeing as I'm away this weekend.

Fortunately it went straight through, with a couple of advisories on front wheel bearing play. It's been nearly 50k miles since I stripped and greased them, so might be time to do that again. But happy/relieved at the pass. I celebrated yesterday but will use the excuse of yours passing too and celebrate tonight also Beer

Mid engined, 6 cylinder, turbocharged 2 seater - it can only be a VW LT!
LTCamper89 View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LTCamper89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 14 at 18:03
Good to hear Mat, I will have a Broadside for you. My place has been so quiet you could have come up here and walked in to a test.

Talking to Skippy afterwards, he praised me on my welding, since he could see it had been done from inside but had full penetration visible from below.Thumbs Up
1989 LT28 2.4D    Saviour of 6Music, well one of them. Now playing http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_6music

VW LT Camper not Cramper

....at least the roof is not rusting away....
myrtletheLT35 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myrtletheLT35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 14 at 10:23
got some of the same advisories on mine last week - rusty rear corners, they actually a bit worse than yours, don't really know how the bumpers hanging on the back on one side - need to find someone who will do some welding for me!

got a nail in one of my tyres too, they didnt pick that up thoguh
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 14 at 11:24
Glad to hear itClap
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
 Post Reply Post Reply