The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Wheel help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Another Tyre Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsonharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Another Tyre Question
    Posted: 30 Jul 14 at 15:48
Apologies for posing another tyre question, but can someone confirm that the correct profile for a standard 185 R14C tyre is 80 i.e 185/14/80?

I'm searching a lot of the on-line tyre retailers at the moment (1st time I've had to buy tyres for my van) and most won't recognise 185 R14C and keep asking for the profile.

If 80 is the correct profile, I've noticed that there isn't a huge choice available. If I drop down to 75 it gets a lot better (and cheaper) - correct load rating, 8 ply etc. Would it be a disaster to fit slightly lower profile tyres...I assume the speedo reading would be out by a bit.

Cheers - any advice would be most appreciated.
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 14 at 15:54
Yep, 185/14 is the same as 185/80/14. (Although to confuse matters I *think* I read somewhere a while back that if the side profile isn't stated then the profile is 82 NOT 80 )

Look at camskill.com. Under van tyres. More choice in185/14 and Priceline choosing Nanking as an example they are £5 cheaper and dunlops are with 35p the same price.

Put a wanted up maybe, plenty of people ditch steels with standard tyres in favour of alloys, you can sometimes pick up vgc 185/14 for cheap money
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

parsonharry View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsonharry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 14 at 21:41
Cheers Elvis - I'll have a look at those sites.

Good idea about the wanted ad - I've had a set of Kaseloch's in my shed for years waiting on me getting the van bodywork done. It's never happened!! At the moment putting alloys on my van would be like gold leaf on shite.

cornish pasty View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornish pasty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jul 14 at 18:09
Originally posted by parsonharry parsonharry wrote:

........... At the moment putting alloys on my van would be like gold leaf on shite.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjPhopki9sQ&sns=fb
 Post Reply Post Reply