The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Alternator belt adjustment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Alternator belt adjustment
    Posted: 17 Dec 20 at 16:06
Hi All

Strange issue I had the alternator of for access and also removed the adjustable ratchet bracket for adjusting tension.

I put on a new V belt but with the ratchet adjusted to its full extent the belt is still loose!

I think I have mounted the ratchet adjustment bracket in the wrong place but cannot see from the manuals or parts list where it is suppose to go and I can't see from underneath either.

Would be most grateful if someone could post a picture of how it is suppose to be mounted.

Engine code is DV

Thanks in advance 
psion View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec 20 at 10:32
Ratchet is mounted in the right place but the shop to this site sent me a belt that is 11x 813 which is why I can't get it tight enough as it should be 11.5x800!

For the record Euro Car Parts do one 10x800 for £8 ish
Buss Marius View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buss Marius Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 20 at 18:51
What model year is yours?
Mine, with a DW is -87 and uses a 10x813
87 Karmann LT L 2,4D. 89 T3 Syncro Reimo 1,9TD. 2000 T4 Caravelle TDI
 Post Reply Post Reply