The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Aftermarket Stereo not Turning Off

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archie5734 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aftermarket Stereo not Turning Off
    Posted: 15 Mar 18 at 19:00
I recently bought a Pioneer Double DIN Stereo from halfords and have fitted it all myself. I fits fine and functions perfectly but it doesn’t seem to turn off even when I switch the ignition off. I have read that it may be something to do with the Yellow and Red cable but I’m not very good with that stuff. I tried switching the yellow and red cables over but still no joy. Could anyone help me out with what to do to save me some money instead of getting it fitted? Thanks.
T5 TDI View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T5 TDI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 18 at 13:04
If your van is later than '06 (I think it is it) it will be easier to use a can bus adaptor because there is no switched supply available behind the dash.  Not cheap but probably better than paying someone to wire it in.

You will have to switch your yellow and red wires back first because that trick only applies to vans with the old skool physical switched live as the early vans had.  
2004 2.5 174
Archie5734 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Archie5734 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar 18 at 13:48
It’s a 2012 thanks for the advice
 Post Reply Post Reply