The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Additional aux water pump jx diesel, switch?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *BISH* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Additional aux water pump jx diesel, switch?
    Posted: 11 Jul 13 at 20:20
Hello all, I need a little help please.

The additional water pump is playing up on my jx engined bus. Basically its running on after the engine is shut off, as it should. But, it keeps running on until it has drained the battery.

I have changed the coolant sensor on top of the head (one of the two in the housing) and the relay 53, but still no luck.

I have seen a aux water pump temp switch listed at VW Heritage etc, part number 251 919 521 but cant see it on the block in my van. Where is this switch? Is it the one situated by the oil filter? What have I missed?

Cheers Smile
dave friday View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jul 13 at 20:32
un-plug the other sensor [switch] on the head to see if the aux water pump stops.
1992 1.6td syncro
*BISH* View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *BISH* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 13 at 02:24
Tried that ta. Im sure ive replaced the correct sensor and I'm convinced I need to find the switch listed. I couldn't get in and around the engine earlier to find it as it was too hot after a long run. I will investigate the switch by the oil filter tomorrow when the engines nice and cool. Maybe that's the fella?
dave friday View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dave friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 13 at 10:06
The sensor on the oil filter stand is a "normaly open oil switch"it switches on when the oil pressure is above .9 bar.
I would be looking at the,
Ignition switch wiring ,
The wiring from the switch on the head (for a short to chassis ).
Have you got a test meter,do you know how to use it?
1992 1.6td syncro
*BISH* View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *BISH* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 13 at 21:07
Thanks Dave, I actually got to the bottom of this by reading a post you left on another thread on the forum which had the correct part number for the aux water pump sensor. 

Basically the wrong sensor had been fitted. The sensor needed for the aux water pump is part number 251919521F. I had a sensor fitted that should be for the temp gauge at the dash; part number 251919501D.

Thanks again.Smile
Tee3 View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Coprophagous Cretin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tee3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jul 13 at 21:29
the screw in switch is in the housing on the side of the head.

What year is your T3? as after around '89 they swapped to the other type (push in)

Pre 89
YOU CANT EDUCATE GAMMON

http://www.tee3.co.uk/
*BISH* View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *BISH* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jul 13 at 06:05
My bus is a 90, so the push in sensor.

Sorted now thanks. Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply