The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T5 Section > T5 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

A few pics of my T5 Update 12/05/15

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oddboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 08 at 15:25
any updated pics yet?
gone to the darkside
DavyT5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DavyT5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 08 at 16:27
 Hi
  Did you fit the audio/visual system ?
  was it difficult?

rallye dale View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallye dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 08 at 21:05
It depends what year the van is,later ones inc mine use CAN-BUS so is quite difficult

i got a mobile auto guy to do it,

The pioneer's for sale now if anyone wants to buy it,details in the for sale sectionWink
My Van..http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/topic26281&KW=_post196345.html#196345

My Car..http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=288209

T30 LWB 2.5 130 REMAPPED 56 PLATE
glass View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 08 at 21:18
I love it
http://www.windscreendorset.co.uk
often imitated, never equalled
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallye dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 08 at 21:18
The Van  came with the standard Double din CD player, although this fine i wanted Hands free calling
So i bought a Parrot 3200ls,i've got one fitted in the car and they work really well,but as i was working away from home a bit more than usual i was using my TOMTOM go 710 which i used through out France last summer and it was faultless,i wanted something with built in bluetooth,sat nav all in one unit!
So i started looking around and came up with 3 units,Pioneer Avic D3BT,Pioneer HD3BT and Kenwood dnx7200
I could'nt find anybody local with these units on demo,i discounted the Pioneer HD3BT as it was way to expensive £1300 Shocked,then the Kenwood as had heard of people having problems with the Bluetooth part of it
So that left the Avic D3BT, i trawled the internet, went on You Tube and managed to get hold of a little brochure just on this unit Smile
After all that i bought one,i got it fitted and it worked really well, played dvd's, cd's, ipod control,and thats where it stopped and everthing else was a dissapointment
On the navigation front it was dvd based so you could not listen to cd while using it,the mapping was not 3d and the points of interest for banks,parking etc was shocking,the only two plus points were it never got me lost! and it had tmc traffic built in for free
On the Bluetooth side things were not good either as it did not support download of my phonebook Cry,but conversations were very clear
Also with the angle of the dash the screen was sometimes blinded by the sun or brightlight
So after 2 months with it i was thoroughly dissapointed

Then i started to look through the internet again for something else although i was warey of anything then and would not commit to anything until i had tried one out

I then found in America that Kenwood were bringing a new range out Big%20smile, this included Garmin powered Sat nav and Parrot Bluetooth Big%20smile
After searching everynight for weeks the new models eventually turned up in Europe on Kenwood Germany's website,this then gave me some definate models for Europe and had to wait until the UK's website had them on their's

After more Googling i found some UK based website's advertising the one i wanted for pre order,thats when i git some bad news,it was £1100 Shocked
To say i was gutted was understatement
I was looking every night and then it came on the UK's website,and after being able to see it all in English it was all i wanted Cry

Next there was a video review on You tube and i got more and more obssesed with it

Then i find Kenwood Premier dealers are promoting it on offer Big%20smile £999 Cry

I finished early on a Friday 3 weeks ago and went to Boundry garage in St Helens and there it was on display Heart

It made the Pioneer i had in look like a 1970's Skoda and this was a 2008 Skoda,it was not in the same league

My credit card was nervous and used the demo unit to ring my mate and tell him about,he was long suffering having had to listen to me  everyday going on about it all

I asked how much he could do me one for,he said they are on offer at £999, but i can do you one for £820,my credit card was out and pin no. in before i could change my mind

So here's the pic's

To say this is Ftitsking awesome is an understatement,it fits in the dash like it just rolled off the Production line,and the reverse tilt on the screen takes away all the glare

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallye dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 08 at 21:23
Since me installing mine, my long suffering mate has bought the Dnx5220bt for his Transit  Connect and a kitchen fitter with a Vivaro (no accounting for taste) has bought one also

I should be on commission LOL

Fast[Plumber View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast[Plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 08 at 21:42
That looks the bo-hollocks!!!!
Want one of those

Dear santa I have been very good........................
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallye dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 08 at 21:48
Think you need a Saturday in work ! Wink

Fast[Plumber View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fast[Plumber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jul 08 at 22:05
Long morning I recon should do it!!LOL
DOGSBREATH View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
gok wan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOGSBREATH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 08 at 20:41
Bloody hell, some of us would have to work all day for thatEmbarrassed
RICK View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 08 at 22:13
ill have to become a plumber or sparks both earn mega money for nothing (lol)
oddboy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oddboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 08 at 22:15
rick i thought you was a sparking plummerConfused
gone to the darkside
RICK View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 08 at 22:18
chippy by trade but have own company flat conversions and refurbs no clean work !!!
oddboy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oddboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 08 at 22:38
take it you dont use your van for work then
gone to the darkside
RICK View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 08 at 22:39
DAILY MATE BUT IS ALWAYS CLEAN LIKE ME
fastfilli View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fastfilli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 08 at 23:00
Just looked at the engine cover kit whats the point I don't get it what's it do ? sound deadening ? or looks

Edited by fastfilli - 24 Jul 08 at 23:01
MultiplexMan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MultiplexMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jul 08 at 23:10
rallye dale - that looks great! 

It sure makes the Alpine 202E look ordinary Dead
Alpine 202E
- face does not do reverse tilt Confused
- Bluetooth module is useless Angry
- facia surround - what facia surround?  Your one looks factory!

But the Alpine was around half the price...

Nice bit of kit.
oddboy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oddboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 08 at 08:01
Originally posted by RICK RICK wrote:

DAILY MATE BUT IS ALWAYS CLEAN LIKE ME

mines mostly dirty (like my wife)
i dont even put anything dirty in it, even the grass cuttings go to the dump in the boot of my X3LOL
gone to the darkside
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallye dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 08 at 19:58
Originally posted by MultiplexMan MultiplexMan wrote:

rallye dale - that looks great! 

It sure makes the Alpine 202E look ordinary Dead
Alpine 202E
- face does not do reverse tilt Confused
- Bluetooth module is useless Angry
- facia surround - what facia surround?  Your one looks factory!

But the Alpine was around half the price...

Nice bit of kit.

Cheers, thats the problem i had with the pioneer
When i saw the Kenwood it was the way to go

RICK, If you can afford a Sportline then you can afford one of these LOL

Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rallye dale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 08 at 19:13
Latest update.....

Well, its not wheels!!, still cant make my mind up Confused

Some of you might have read in another thread that last Saturday i went upto see Martin at Pendle Performance,it was a horrible day, pi**ing down so was difficult to post my comments any earlier

So on Monday when going to work i tried it a bit,whoahh,it pulls really well and the response is pretty much instant,today was a little bit wet and had the traction light flashing on the dash Big%20smile,i know its not clever but what the hell

So all in all very pleased with the differance

Also connected the ipod upto the head unit and started to wire up the the rear view camera which also connects to the Kenwood

I have fitted the engine cover and really pleased with that,apart from t**sers at VW scratching it after only 2 weeks

Have been making a false floor with tube box and ladder compartment with two drawers under the floor for power tools,its still not finished but coming along,will get some pics up when come back from holiday

Next on the list are

Wheels Cry

Set of Eibach or H&R springs

Maybe leather as the seats are a nightmare to keep clean

Velle headlamps

Front fogs

Edited by rallye dale - 07 Oct 08 at 19:18
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>