The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Westfalia forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'83 Joker Interior Panel Issues

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybeeonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: '83 Joker Interior Panel Issues
    Posted: 15 Jul 08 at 14:11

Hello all.

I am having problems with the interior trim panels on my '83 Wasserboxer Joker, as the vinyl coverings are peeling away from the backing board on all of the side panels and the inner roof.

Does anyone know if the original style trim panels (or coverings) are still available? - I have tried Gunzle's and JK but cannot find what I am looking for?

Thanks kindly

Edited by jaybeeonline - 15 Jul 08 at 14:11
johnb View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jul 08 at 00:00
Re-covered with cream vinyl (must have been posted somewhere by Goblin) Keeps the look but is relatively easy to do.

I believe the basket weave is available ,but rare an expensive.
My van is better known in these parts than I am
lhdwesty View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lhdwesty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 08 at 16:48
I'm pretty sure Gowesty sells it.
I recovered all mine in a coffie vinyl it realls sets off nice with the cream and beige.
Rob.

Edited by lhdwesty - 17 Jul 08 at 16:49
jaybeeonline View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybeeonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 08 at 22:00
Thanks guys, I'll give GoWesty's a try first and if that fails, I'll get someone to recover them in an appropriate coloured leathercloth.

SmileSmileSmile
jj-joker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj-joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 08 at 22:14
Originally posted by jaybeeonline jaybeeonline wrote:

Thanks guys, I'll give GoWesty's a try first and if that fails, I'll get someone to recover them in an appropriate coloured leathercloth.

SmileSmileSmile

Did you ever get the basketweave vinyl from GoWesty? Have the same job to do on mine and whilst standard vinyl is an option, prefer to go basketweave if pos.
poshbuggers View Drop Down
PROBATION
PROBATION
Messer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poshbuggers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 08 at 07:22
I'll be doing mine soon.

It won't be in that odd basketweave stuff though because IMO it's a bit rough and not very tactile.

Foam backed leatherette should soften it and help with noise reduction too.
EASTFALIA - GERMANY View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EASTFALIA - GERMANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 08 at 17:56
We have a full set of NEW OE Westfalia T3 interior panels, if anyone is interested? They are the later type that don't de-laminate. For good reason, the early panels are no longer produced.

steve@eastfalia.com
jj-joker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jj-joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 08 at 20:37
So what price are we looking at for the full set?
Assuming they are in cream?
Don't suppose that includes the cab roof lining panel & main roof panel under the pop-top bed (more good saggy vinyl candidates)?

cheers, JJ
EASTFALIA - GERMANY View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EASTFALIA - GERMANY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 08 at 21:48
Hi JJ,
Can you either send me an email or give me an email address? I think that we have a very good early cream cab roof panel over here from a 1984 Club Joker, so not as shrinkage prone as the earlier panels.

The full set is a later (Sept 86 onwards) type, which is more greyish.

Do you mean the under side of the bed or the underside of the rear flat cupboard? In both cases the lining is part of the item ie. not replaceable. In the past we have got the colour matched at a Dulux paint centre with very good results and a pretty quick fix. Only bettered by sourcing a good used cupboard or bed (both possible).

Regards,

Antony

Joker View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan 09 at 16:41

i got a piece of 3mm hardboard the rough side looks very similar. i then painted it with some satin wood paint matched to my trim (york stone) it sounds like a real bodge but you have to look very close to tell the difference and it costs pence. (sorry for the delay i have been off line)

joker

Post Reply Post Reply