The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Section > LT, Crafter & Sprinter Tech
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

5 speed gearbox

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m+m lt28 camper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 5 speed gearbox
    Posted: 24 Jun 15 at 22:13
Hi guys been a while since ive been on but im back now yippee. Just wondered what roughly the going rate is for a 5 speed for a lt28 2 litre petrol and is there really much benefit ? Thanks in advance matt
BeJay View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeJay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 15 at 22:50

assuming you're talking LT1 then the only advantage for the 5 speed box is slightly better ratios on the way through the box, (don't need to rev it's nuts off quite so much before changing up) 1st is almost surplus to requirements on the 5 speed unless pulling away fully loaded on an incline, but top gear ratio (4th or 5th) is the same on both boxes e.g. 1 to 1 (direct drive).
NIL ILLIGITIMUS CARBORUNDUM
m+m lt28 camper View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m+m lt28 camper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 15 at 23:35
Thank you thank you thank you yes lt1 audi lump first one that i have owned and knowing that its big and slow and old didnt want to waste time and money if i didnt need too so cheers mate
lorryloader View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorryloader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 15 at 15:25
Welcome back m+mlt28camper, that was my very first LT (lwb high top so even heavier !) so know what you mean ! But if you do decide to 'waste money ' i  have a few spare g/boxes.Wink
LT-45 HIGH TOP + LT-55-BEVERTAIL.Mercedes Atego tilt n slide with lorry loader crane.
AndyT View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 15 at 18:03
moved to tech

LT28 1979 2.0 Pampas Nevada Camper LPG 93K, 1980 T3 A/C Camper 98K,1994 RRC 3.9 LPG 120k , 1998 Audi A6 Est 2.5 V6 diesel 127k

Post Reply Post Reply