Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

.216 nozzles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak
Dude

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m666blp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: .216 nozzles
    Posted: 21 Oct 09 at 22:42
redlee View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redlee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 09 at 17:47

Rake will have a better idea but i'm pretty sure there has been a few fakes well packaged up floating around thief bay, and they are very cheap. You'd be better buying mine http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/uprated-nozzles-for-t4-25_topic45306.html  Wink

Desp Dan View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak
Simple Pieman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desp Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct 09 at 19:34
TBH if I was looking to replace my nozzles I would I'd buy them from a reputable source.

As redlee says there are plenty of Fake Bosch nozzles knocking about.

Specially on the Fence's Friend, Bay of Theives Wink

Pie n' Bacon Meister
Porsche & Classic Car Nut
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Silence is golden, gaffa tape is silver

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 09 at 16:51
Have a shuftie on tdiclub and search for Prothe/JBMorrison ..........................
Www.justgiving.com/ELVIS-SUMMERS

Rake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 09 at 16:28

I've been doing Project Power for over 3 years now and have seen pretty much everything out there in terms of nozzles in that time.

Based on my findings - you get  what you pay for in terms of quality.

We've tested nozzles that leak and that dont fit their copper washers due to poor tolerances and engineering, Seen the fake bosch come and go.....JB morrison is no longer trading and according to TDI club they were also fakes.

I firmly beleive in what I'm doing and that project power nozzles are the best bang for the buck nozzle solution for the 150 bhp. We have 3.5 years worth of problem free users to testify to this statement too.

Redlee's are a bargain at £150

Regards.

Ron.

Edited by Rake - 26 Oct 09 at 16:59
ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 09 at 19:20
Originally posted by Rake Rake wrote:

JB morrison is no longer trading and according to TDI club they were also fakes

I think you will find when someone examined/measured a set it turned out they were not even good enough to be classified as fakes they were so shit!

ELVIS View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ELVIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 09 at 19:28
 To elaborate..............

The bloke does not appear to be stating they are a particular brand/VW etc so not not slaggin him. He appears to be saying they are an OEM replacement - guess he's saying they could be used to replace OEM?!?!?!?!

It appears you cannot buy anything half decent (Bosch/Bosio etc etc) for this kind of money. Search .216 nozzles on ebay.com and you can buy unbranded nozzles  for less than $100 for 5.
     Someone on freds has tested a set and the tolerances varied (from memory) from something like .2 to .24 on a set of .216 nozzles. also the angle of the drillings varied wildly by as much as 45'. I am sure it also said that one set tested were so bad one 'drilling' was spraying towards the injector body.

As with all things , if the price is to good to be true i would walk on by.

Rake View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 09 at 22:37
Elvis - Quality post.

Thats exactly why we spent so much time finding our way and coming up with PP - in concequence it takes the pain out of it for anyone else.

WI've been working in conjunction with united diesel who have 25 years in the trade and they test and assure every set that goes out. You cant buy that on ebay.

Hats off to you fella for sayin it out loud.

Ron.
 Post Reply Post Reply