The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2.1 mv power loss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2.1 mv power loss
    Posted: 10 Apr 11 at 19:41
well after a while of niggling problems the van is now buggered. to cut a very very long story short. i have been having a flicker in the rev counter for a while no other issues really. started after a very wet drive and major missfire. missfire cured but flicker was occasional. last but one trip at about 150 miles out it just lost power. flat out at 40 mph in 3rd. it then cleared and run like a train for the rest of the trip, 250 miles. last trip 400 miles no problems atall.

last weekend cut out started after a while "seemed flooded" but had major loss of power.

i`ve changed plugs, leads, cap and arm, coil, distributor afm and ecu. cleaned all the connections and the earths and the oxy sensor is working fine at idle.

convinced the coil is being fired too often causing the rpm flick.

tdi conversion is nearly ready to go in but i would like to sort this before i pull it out.

answers on a post card to my hair is well and truly pulled out.

cheers lee.
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
SebRogers View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebRogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 11 at 20:20
I'm sure you've thought of this Lee, but could it be 'vanagon syndrome'
'85 T3 Doka EJ22
'94 T4 Westy Cali Club ABT 2.4td
..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 11 at 20:36
yes cheers seb. probed my afm to death and now eventually borrowed a known good dizzy and afm and its still faulty.
it`s a big round cage but there`s too many animals in it for my liking.to address this ring lee on 07977 765818.
SebRogers View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SebRogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 11 at 07:00
Dunno then . Fuel delivery? Crud in fuel filter? I had an intermittent power loss problem with my 1.9 tdi pd A4 recently with no obvious cause and no fault codes logged. In the end a new fuel filter and a bit of injector cleaner sorted it...
'85 T3 Doka EJ22
'94 T4 Westy Cali Club ABT 2.4td
plonker View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plonker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 11 at 19:20
you say it was after a wet drive- have you checked the fuel filler neck- water in fuel gives misfire/loss of power. good luck
jason k View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
twinklerims

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jason k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 11 at 20:39
aye, was thinking the same. if waters got in lee.......

change the inj filter and see
Bcs shallowest surf award winner 2006
camperjam 2011 chug and tug team member
aberdare. south wales
newest member of karmann korner
no longer the only moderator to manage to ban himself

..lee.. View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..lee.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 11 at 21:14
will check. thing is its done dozens of tank fulls since its started plus it been up to its tits in water offroading. roll on the deisel days.
 Post Reply Post Reply