The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Tech Section.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1994 Westfalia electrics problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mhalliday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1994 Westfalia electrics problem
    Posted: 07 Aug 18 at 18:22
Hi, I'm having real problems with my 1994 westfalia electrics. Here's how things have played out:

The water pump stopped working, and at the same time the control panel stopped showing the voltage. I researched this online, replaced the water pump fuse behind the driver's seat, and all seemed to be working again.

We went camping, in the evening, sitting out, I smelt burning, ran into the van and it was clearly coming from somewhere behind the fridge/under the cabinet. I unplugged the electric hook up. I tried the water tap, it ran for a second and then failed. The control panel again didn't show voltage. Soon after, the fridge stopped running.

A strong burning smell lingered. The control panel is still showing something, but not the voltage. I have checked the leisure batteries, and there is no evidence of anything that looks like burning. I haven't dared plug the electric hook up in again.

Anyone have any ideas? Or does any one know who I could take the van to who might be able to work on this, I live in Sheffield. I'm ok with simple maintenance, but this feels beyond me, would appreciate any advice, thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic