The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > Auto Jumble > For Sale
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1990 VW Westfalia Florida For Sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwheatley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1990 VW Westfalia Florida For Sale
    Posted: 31 Aug 16 at 14:23
Hi All,

Some links below to download pics of van & pics of service history. It's We Transfer download link so I hope this is okay with forum rules?? PM me or call on 07711 510018 if interested. The van is booked in for MOT & full service on 14th Sept in Staffordshire so will be available for viewing after then.

https://we.tl/A7pehU5Agg

https://we.tl/Np2zK6Wibp

Also, some additional info left off original post:

There is a wind out awning, a bit retro and slightly broken on one end but it works fine and keeps the sun/rain off

All of the flyscreens and curtains are with the van including the front windscreen & top bed side windows

The van is registered to carry 6 but a previous owner had a 7th lap belt fitted professionally in the back (I have receipt)

There is a Kenwood stereo (new 3yrs ago) with JBL speakers in the front & Blaupunkt in the back

There is an edging strip missing by the large overhead cupboard (in pics)

2 new leisure batteries 2 yrs ago

Two new Michelin tyres 3 weeks ago on front.

Lots of service history in pics but if you need to see a particular item I will copy & email.

The toilet is not part of the sale, my disabled father uses it when he comes to stay with us J

I have shown the broken lever on the window, and the part that has broken off. I tried to fix it as can be seen in the pic so it could possibly be fixed again. It never stopped us opening the window, again as seen in the pics.

I have tried to show as much as possible working….the lights, the gas stove, the lights for hot water boiler, batteries, water level & fridge.

The pics of the top bed are showing a mattress topper rolled up. We use that for extra comfort, and again won’t be part of the sale. 

It's a sad day! Just tried to get my Florida swapped to French number plates but it can't be done due to French regulations on underslung gas tanks (unless we change to bottled gas)!! Therefore I have to sell.

Here goes....

1990 LT31 2.4litre 6 cynlinder turbo diesel, 320,000kms

All the usual refinements...6 travelling seats, upstairs double bed, downstairs double bed, hot & cold water, Trauma gas heater, cooker, 3 way fridge...all in good working order. Two new tires on the front two weeks ago when in Portugal. towing hitch. Original blind & curtains. Very clean & tidy inside.

All the gas & electrics work.

There are some bad bits, usual seam rash but noot too bad, slight dent in drivers side wing, extension arm for side opening window has broken (window works & arm can probably be replaced or fixed), one of the plastic roof skylights has cracked, sealed with mastic and the van is still watertight. The fridge is missing the door shelves so bottles can't be stored in the door but otherwise the fridge works great.

The van is located in southern France and has been here with us for 3 years. I have brought her back to the UK every year for MOT & service, and will do the same this September so she will have a full MOT & new service prior to sale.

I bought her in the UK 3 years ago with 280,000kms on the clock and she has never missed a beat during the 40,000kms we have travelled in her. She is used for both holidays & day to day use so no sitting for months on end. There is a very good service history both for the UK & when she was in Germany (1st owner had her from new for 12years!)

If anyone is interested please PM me with an email address and I will email over pics. The van will be located in Staffordshire, UK for viewings

I am looking for £9,500 ono. 

Thanks, Matt

Edited by mwheatley - 02 Sep 16 at 16:18
mototavi View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mototavi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 16 at 20:50
Any photos of the van itself available ?

Cheers
             mototavi
mwheatley View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwheatley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 16 at 21:21
hi,

Thanks for the reply. All the pics are downloadable from the links contained in the ad. If you have a problem let me know and I will send the links to you in a message. Too many pics to load into the ad. 

Thanks, Matt
 Post Reply Post Reply