The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T3 Section > T3 Tech help
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.9DF cutting out above 50mph

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote livo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.9DF cutting out above 50mph
    Posted: 13 Apr 18 at 09:46
Hi all, i have recently bought a high top with a df engine, problem with it is, if i get to 50 mph with putting my foot down (ie getting on motorway) the van will start to kangaroo and poss cut out, i can keep it running if i dip the clutch and rev it for around 20-30 seconds its fine again or if i gingerly get up to 50 mph if is fine, i have replaced the vac lines rebuild the carb and changed the fuel pump but there is no change, hoping some one on here can help me out with this issue. Thanks livo 
jaber View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 18 at 19:12
Could be water in fuel, check the overflow from filler to tank jubilee clip may appear tight but could be siezed mine did the same
Steve
take yer time there's a second prize
Chops View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr 18 at 22:18
Fuel cap not breathing freely?

Fuel filter blocked?
 Post Reply Post Reply