The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.9 Turbo Diesel fuel consumption

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lambretta lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.9 Turbo Diesel fuel consumption
    Posted: 17 Apr 13 at 10:49
Having recently bought my 1.9 td multivan (not tdi) I was sceptical as to what to expect from it fuel wise.My T3 caravelle on LPG averages 18/20 mpg , so cost wise the T4 would need to do 30 to the gallon to  achieve the same mpg/cost to run figure ... On the last four fill ups it has done between 38 and 42 to the gallon .....to say Im  Chuffed is an understatement  Smile
mikeb59 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikeb59 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jul 13 at 20:48
on a good run you should get 45 plus as long as you keep it at 60 Wink
patthebeast View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patthebeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jul 13 at 10:46
I used to have an aaz in a panel van and averaged 37mpg when commuting, definitely the way forward.  I've recently got a 1Z TDI so it'll be interesting to see how it compares.
lambretta lee View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lambretta lee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 13 at 22:43
Originally posted by patthebeast patthebeast wrote:

I used to have an aaz in a panel van and averaged 37mpg when commuting, definitely the way forward.  I've recently got a 1Z TDI so it'll be interesting to see how it compares.
ABL Motor in mine mate, standard fitment but  it also has an intercooler fitted, not sure if this helps the mpg at all ,still doing 40 plus every week ..
 Post Reply Post Reply