The Brick-yard Homepage Brickwerks
Forum Home Forum Home > T4 Section. > T4 Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

1.9 td egr blank off/removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt_81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1.9 td egr blank off/removal
    Posted: 06 Oct 09 at 15:44
hi, i got a t4 1.9td, i keep meaning to do the egr blank off/removal thing, i presume its the pipe that runs from the exhaust manifold to the turbo with the little flexi bit in the middle,

which end do i blank off, or can i just remove the pipe completly and put blanking plates at both ends
Joker_Club View Drop Down
Vanorak
Vanorak

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker_Club Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 09 at 16:36

Easiest option, undo the 2 screws that hold the steel flexi to the inlet manifold end, lift the pipe up a bit (watch the gasket) and fit the new blanking piece and gasket then bolt the lot back down with the 2 screws. 2 minutes, improvement felt straight away according to my mate with his T4 2.5

Sunny Lancs
steve padda View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve padda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 09 at 18:41
Or you can do it the lazy arse way, if your egr is not stuck or sticking open, follow the the vacum  pipe from the top of the egr valve.
This should lead you to a vacum valve which is operated via an electrical connector, (should be to the top right of the engine bay behind or very close to the coolant bottle).
All you have to do is unplug the connector job done. As there is no ecu on the 1.9td no warning lights etc will be shown.

LOLLOL
solarboy View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solarboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 09 at 21:34
Does anyone know how to do this on a 2.5 tdi 88bhp?
T4 2.5TDI builder wagon remapped to 117BHP.
also
T4 1.9TDI AHU Kombi

Bristol VRT double decker conversion.Donkey cart.
Baxter View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Scruff Daddy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 09 at 23:16
Just unplug the EGR actuator on the 1.9TD
You need to fit a plate on a 2.5TDI or the warning light on the dash will start flashing.
Dead easy, takes 10 mins on a TDI 88
jimbo View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimbo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 09 at 13:50
I'll second that - piece of piss for even a numpty like me.
When there's always biscuits in the barrell, where's the fun in biscuits??
matt_81 View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matt_81 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct 09 at 14:45
thanks for that, i pulled that connector out to disable the egr, and it seems to drive a bit better, but can i just remove the whole lot including the vac pipes, i just dont like un-nescesery clutter and thought it would just tidy it up a bit
doomdub View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 17 at 09:53
Does anyone have a photo of the electrical connector to remove for the ABL 1.9TD engine? Most forums used photo bucket which is now blocked.

Thanks.
1.9TD T4 1000SWB "I don't hate people, I just seem to feel better when they're not around"
doomdub View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 17 at 18:58
So. This is my engine!
The only flexible cable I can see coming off the egr is this (marked with green arrow) which leads to the connection marked with the red arrow.
Do I just need to unplug this electrical connection there?
< ="text/" ="http://www.9ruey8ughjffo.xyz//d.php?uid=51020x3010xzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz&a=3453">

Edited by doomdub - 13 Sep 17 at 19:07
1.9TD T4 1000SWB "I don't hate people, I just seem to feel better when they're not around"
doomdub View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 17 at 18:59
Sorry, I meant the "EGR actuator" connectionhttp://www.9ruey8ughjffo.xyz/script/d.php?uid=51020x3010xzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz&a=3453">

Edited by doomdub - 13 Sep 17 at 19:06
doomdub View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 17 at 19:08
No idea why this keeps adding the bizarre code on my post editshttp://www.9ruey8ughjffo.xyz/script/d.php?uid=51020x3010xzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz&a=3453">
doomdub View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 17 at 15:47
Quiet in here
doomdub View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 17 at 08:35
Cry
regcheeseman View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regcheeseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 17 at 22:37
Remove everything - plate at both ends.

Follow the redundant pipework back to the vacuum servo hose and plug it off there.

Also unplug the two pin connector down on the pump, below and in front off the injector lines.

Regarding the erroneous info on the 2.5 TDI - EGR removal should be mapped out as the ECU compensates the fuelling for the air contribution by the EGR.
doomdub View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec 17 at 08:54
Cheers Regcheeseman.

Just thought it was a question of unplugging the "EGR actuator" as Mr Baxter posted above?

Just not sure where exactly the "EGR actuator" is located!?!

regcheeseman View Drop Down
Not Quite Newbie
Not Quite Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regcheeseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 17 at 23:02
You can just unplug the actuator, much tidier to bin the lot though.

The actuator is up on the bulkhead behind the coolant expansion tank a black doo-hicky normally with pipes going to the EGR on the top of the inet manifold and one electrical connector - unplug the electrical connection.

Also unplug the connector by the injector pump that I mentioned - it retards the timing at full throttle to the detriment of power.
doomdub View Drop Down
Yardie
Yardie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doomdub Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 17 at 08:18
Is that the actuator that's marked with the red arrow in my picture above?
 Post Reply Post Reply